Security for our patients during surgery is our priority. No matter the procedure, we will discuss with you different options such as pre-operative blood tests, IV fluids to reduce any risks related to general anesthesia as well as pain management. If your dog or cat is having routine surgery such as castration for males, spaying or hysterectomy for females, you can find information on post operative care here: Dog | Cat
Dr. Glew has been performing basic orthopedics for 25 years. She has taken many courses on fracture repair, ligament correction, pining/plating. However, we always offer people the choice to go to a specialist, if they desire.
Our orthopedic surgeries include:
- Cruciate ligament repair (knee)
- Patellar luxation repair (knee)
- Arthroplasty (for hip dysplasia, dislocations etc...)
- Simple fracture repair (pins and wires)
- Limb amputation
- Casting of limbs
- Exploratory laparotomies (remove foreign bodies, diagnostic techniques, bloat surgery, pyometra, intestinal resection)
- Brachycephalic syndrome correction (elongated soft palate, nasal resection, laryngeal saccule removal)
- Cutaneous mass removal, eyelid surgeries
- Many opthamological surgeries (corneal repair, entropion correction, cherry eye)
Stem Cell Collection & Therapy
Stem cell therapy has been approved as a treatment for osteoarthritis in dogs. This high tech procedure requires us to harvest fat cells, send to a specialized lab to grow and isolate stem cells and then inject them into the affected joints. Many other benefits of stem cells are now being studied. Although still an expensive procedure, it may be appropriate for animals who don’t tolerate medications.